The Reiki & Medicine Intensive is the most in-depth training I offer, and one I give infrequently.
This three-day immersion of academic learning and Reiki practice helps you integrate Reiki practice into conventional health care — your personal health care and the healthcare industry.
Understanding the difference your personal Reiki practice makes to your health in practical, medical terms is the first step to strengthening your health and improving your health care.
If you are a Reiki professional, that helps you grow your practice so you can help more people.
Knowing how to present Reiki in a spiritual and medical context will open doors to medical collaboration and help evolve the current market-driven healthcare industry to include Reiki practice in mainstream health care.
The intensive is appropriate for all Reiki students and practitioners who are interested in improving their health and their ability to make sense of Reiki practice to others — your skeptical family members or your doctors.
Lay practitioners, students, doctors, nurses, and other healthcare professionals have found this class immediately improved their confidence and brought their practice to greater depth, clarity, and professionalism.
Whether you are a Reiki professional or you practice Reiki at home only for yourself, family, friends and pets, your Reiki practice and your healthcare choices will be greatly enhanced by the intensive.
What will I learn in the Reiki and Medicine Intensive?
- How Reiki treatment benefits patients, families, and staff
- Why and how Reiki practice supports conventional medicine without interference
- How to present Reiki practice benefits responsibly and credibly, without making claims
- What science tells us about Reiki practice, and how to discuss the science
- How to identify credible, well designed research
- What doctors, administrators and patients need to know about Reiki
- What doctors do not want to hear from you
- How to improve your Reiki presentation skills and raise your professionalism
- How to collaborate successfully with various licensed professionals
- How to credibly address the issue of safety
- How to volunteer responsibly to deepen your clinical experience without burning out
- The most critical factor for your success.
Additionally, we discuss a 4-phase sample proposal for integrating Reiki into conventional health care.
You will learn how to collaborate with other healthcare professionals as colleagues from someone who has been doing that successfully for 20 years.
The Reiki & Medicine Intensive helped me incorporate Reiki into the care of patients, families , and hospital staff in my coronary care nursing practice at Yale New Haven Hospital, and reduce anxiety in emergency situations. — Eileen Anderson, R.N.
For twenty years, I have been the foremost advocate for Medical Reiki, bridging the gap between timeless spiritual practice and contemporary medicine, and between lay Reiki practitioners and academic medical professionals.
In this intensive, I share what I have learned as a medical Reiki pioneer who has worked in conventional health care since the 1990s, including
- teaching and presenting Reiki in academic medical centers such as Harvard, Yale, the National Institutes of Health (NIH), and Memorial Sloan Kettering
- implementing programs in New York City hospitals, including NY Presbyterian/Columbia and Beth Israel Medical Center
- collaborating on medical research into the effectiveness of Reiki practice
- publishing in peer-reviewed medical journals.
My vision is for Reiki practice to be recognized by the public and by medicine as a viable health-promoting practice for home and professional care.
That will be accomplished by Reiki home practitioners like you becoming confident to speak openly to your doctors about your Reiki practice, and by Reiki professionals who can educate the public in clear language, and to collaborate effectively in with conventional healthcare professionals, including physicians, nurses, physical therapists, dentists, etc.
Who should attend the Reiki and Medicine Intensive?
- Open-minded Reiki students who want to make more informed healthcare choices for themselves and their families
- Open-minded Reiki students who are considering becoming Reiki professionals
- Open-minded Reiki professionals wanting to raise their credibility, enhance their skills and expand their Reiki business
- Open-minded Reiki practitioners who want to develop a working collaboration in hospitals or offsite conventional care centers, or who want to receive referrals from doctors, nurse practitioners, and other licensed healthcare professionals.
I’m sure you noticed the “open-minded” part, but I cannot over emphasize it. And I will add “open-hearted.” The Reiki community is diverse and we will be a diverse group of practitioners with varying approaches to practice. Those who are truly respectful of different perspectives and bring a collaborative attitude will get the greatest benefit from the intensive.
Who should NOT attend the Reiki and Medicine Intensive?
If you are not willing to take a second look at everything you think you know about Reiki and medicine, please don’t register.
Whether you are a lay person or a health care professional, you will get the most value from the intensive if you are willing to question your assumptions and the conclusions you’ve drawn. Great advances come when we follow Einstein’s advice to question everything.
After the intensive, you will:
- Understand how Reiki practice fits the conventional medical model.
- Understand why the spiritual aspect of Reiki is valuable in medicine, and how to discuss it.
- Make more informed personal healthcare choices.
- Responsibly guide your clients about how Reiki supports their medical care.
- Present Reiki practice effectively to any audience from a spiritual and physiologic perspective.
- Interface effectively with conventional medical professionals.
Step into your Reiki authority
My goal in leading these intensives is to empower Reiki practitioners to effectively and respectfully integrate Reiki practice into any situation. To do that, you need to be fluent in the paradigms of conventional health care, natural healing, and spiritual practice. The intensive gives you that.
But you also need to be willing to think through each situation as it arises. We will discuss strategies and concerns to watch for, on the Reiki side as well as the medical side. The challenges of integrating Reiki practice and conventional medicine cannot be solved by a paint-by-numbers approach.
Are you willing to take responsibility for your success and well-being?
If so, this intensive gives you proven strategies and perspective to create a truly integrated medical system, one in which health care starts with home care and patients are supported in their self-healing through every medical procedure and treatment.
If that is a goal you can commit to, if you are willing to rethink what you are doing and consider what tweaks would make you more effective in your health care relationships, whether personal or professional, please join me.
I attended the Reiki & Medicine Intensive wanting to take my professional Reiki practice to a higher level. It did not disappoint. With the vocabulary and strategies I learned, I quickly got 3 new repeating clients. I highly recommend this Intensive to professionals or practitioners wanting to up their game. — Dianne Goswick
Reiki and Medicine Intensive in New York City
Friday – Sunday, June 23-25, 2017
9:30 AM – 6:00 PM
Convenient Upper West Side Manhattan location
Early fee $650 only until May 20; $775 thereafter
Hold your space with a deposit and complete your balance by May 20 to take advantage of the early fee. Balances unpaid after May 20 revert to full fee.
PLEASE NOTE: The intensive is currently filled. We might be able to open up to 3 more spaces. Email me to be put on the wait list.
Email me if you would like to discuss organizing this event in your area.
This article by a former L.A. Times health journalist helps you understand the difference the intensive can make for you.