It’s a Wonderful Reiki Life
by Nancy Arnott
One of the films playing nonstop on TV every holiday season is the classic “It’s a Wonderful Life,” in which Clarence the angel shows the despondent George Bailey how the lives of his family, friends and neighbors would have been changed for the worse if he had never been born.
Seeing this what-if scenario played out fills George with gratitude for his blessings, which are considerable even at this low point in his fortunes, and for the contributions he has been able to make to his loved ones and his community.
Reiki practice gifts
As another year draws to an end, I too have been reflecting — not on how the world would be different if I hadn’t been born, but about how my life would be different if I hadn’t learned to practice Reiki seven years ago.
There’s so much that I would be missing out on! Among other things, I would miss:
– How my nightly Reiki self-treatments reliably soothe me to sleep, making insomnia a thing of the past.
– How the balancing effect of Reiki self-treatment helps this middle-aged woman stay on an even keel through perimenopause, without four-alarm hot flashes or roller-coaster mood swings.
– The way that Reiki, as a spiritual practice, helps me stay centered in the present moment rather than getting caught up in regrets about the past or anxieties about the future. It has strengthened my ability to accept and work with the way events are unfolding even when they don’t follow my desires or timetable.
– The satisfaction I’ve felt from sharing Reiki’s benefits with others, from family and friends to hospital patients to private clients. Every treatment truly is shared, bringing me as well as the recipient a deeper sense of well-being.
– The richness my life has gained from new friendships and being part of a diverse Reiki community. Practicing with others at public events like the JCC Reiki Clinic and the JCC Spa Day for Women with Cancer enables me connect with fellow practitioners and exchange ideas and experiences.
What wonderful things has practicing Reiki brought into your life? Please share as a comment below.
Please stop by my new website and if you like what you see, join us there and bring your friends.
Want to stay in touch? Sign up for the email list here!